General information for YouTubers/Let’s Players
We work with numerous large networks in which some of you are organised (incl. Studio71, Mediakraft etc.). These networks receive an allocation of accreditations from us, based on their realistic requirements and in accordance with Koelnmesse's General Accreditation Guidelines. So if you are organised within a large network, please enquire there initially. Before gamescom commences, we receive a list of the people to be accredited from the networks. But: as written above numbers are limited and the channel's content has to be relevant to gamescom.
There are of course other ways of obtaining accreditation, including for editors who are not organised within large networks.
Accreditation will be determined by the following criteria:
- In general terms: is the website fed regularly with high quality content covering news, articles and tests? How big is the reach?
- Editors of gaming blogs, forums and podcast pages: do you appear here as editors or can you be identified as editors in a position of authority?
- Proprietors of YouTube and twitch channels with more than a certain number of subscribers can be accredited if their subject matter is relevant to gamescom.
- The channels' context and topicality also plays a role in accreditation (reach and subscribers are not always the critical criteria).
- We reserve the right to limit the number of authorised individuals per medium (depending on number of online visits, size of the medium etc.).
- Important: accreditation of online media of any description is unfortunately not possible in situ, namely at gamescom, owing to the extent of the checks involved (see above). Please use the not quite four months remaining during which the online tool is available to you.
- Editors of websites undergoing reconstruction (or offline) will not be accredited.
The proof required for accreditation can be attached as a PDF in the online accreditation form. All accreditation applications are to submitted exclusively via the online accreditation.